Friday, June 26, 2020

Harvesting



Some time ago I was chatting with artist Peter Watson, whose work I had admired for some time. As both a painter and graphic designer his work has an architectural quality that appeals to me (http://peterwatsonpaintings.co.uk/)

We agreed to work towards a joint exhibition that featured harvesting, an activity close to the hearts of many an East Yorkshire resident as farming provides one of the key industries in the area. Peter's paintings will be in colour but my photographs will be mono. A great contrast we hope!

We have yet to complete that work but I am looking forward to getting out again over the next couple of months and isolating myself at the edge of fields to add to the many pictures I have taken over the last two summers. 

Sometimes I ask for help too. On this occasion if you hear of anyone planning to harvest at dusk with their tractor lights on I'd love to know. I haven't got any shots like that at all as yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Helen Levitt - fifty years of New York street photography

  Helen Levitt was a native New Yorker, born in Brooklyn in 1913, and remained in the city until her death aged 95 in 2009. A quiet and intr...